What is Happiness?
- Happiness is doing things not having things
- Happiness equals excitement, unhappiness = boredom.
- Being in control of your life - while exerting total control over your life does not necessarily bring you happiness, it is hard to imagine appreciating the feeling of happiness for very long if you did not feel in control of your life.
People are strongly, perhaps even primarily, perhaps even single-mindedly, motivated to feel happy. People want to be happy, and all the other things they want are typically meant to be means to the end. - Dan Gilbert
Happiness and Contentedness
How to Get Some
- Flow - by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Stumbling on Happiness - by Dan Gilbert
- The Four Hour Work Week - by Tim Ferris